Friday, May 3, 2013

Make Your Own Havaianas 2013

When it comes to Flipflops, we Filipinos already have this brand in our minds -Havaianas, seriously, who doesn't know them yet?

This is the first time I get to join the MYOH event and it was fantastic! It was really great to make your own design of flippies as it promotes creativity and quite a stress remover too!

I came from work that day so I was a bit late I guess and the "making your own havaianas" event was just about to start.

Few of the awesome Havaianas soles samples that you can match with their different colored straps.



Yummy cupcakes by Sonya's!


Ms. Joyce Pring

Ms. Bianca Valerio

Mr. Brent Javier

With Megann Monday!

Mikyle Quizon and Dani Baretto

Gelo Yellow

Jacob Benedicto and Raiza Poquiz

Thyzs Estrada

Arnie Villanueva and Ana Gonzales

Let me show you some of the bloggers' flippies that they made:

Gerd Perez

Angeline Rodriguez
Was surprised to see that we have the same sole and strap!

Jacob Benedicto

Paul "PR Guy" Chuapoco

Ava Te

Sarah Tirona



Megann had her Flippies first, and hers is also good!


I'm really thanking her for making my Havaianas look great!

My chosen sole and strap.

I've chosen this really cool collaboration with Dan Matutina, by the way he is a Filipino designer and illustrator who was inspired by science, sci-fi and space and through it came with this design.

I got spacesuits and sun pins.



...and viola! I'm proud of this! :)

You may still get a chance to do this too until tomorrow! With a budget of less than 1,000php you may create your own style of flipflops. Pins are +100 each. Have fun being creative!

You may also be like Dan Matutina and have your design printed as part of the Havaianas 2014 collection, all you have to do is to join You + Havaianas by submitting your entries here:

Watch out for the exclusive Mommy & me collection designed by Hollywood Celebrity moms like Courtney Cox, Nina Garcia, Rebecca Romjin and Tori Spelling, it will be perfect for the upcoming Mother's Day.

For more updates follow them on twitter:
@Havaianasphils


My thanks to Movent for the invitation, it was a very fun event!


Photographed by: Vergil Lloyd Chua
Venue: Rockwell Tent

1 comment:

  1. wow! it's been awhile since I read your last post. I want to buy that flip flops you designed seriously hahha, love the pins and the design of the sole. Great Job Verge! and hope to meet you again soon! I think yung last nating pag kikita is nung Bench/ event pa last year! hahaha.

    Good luck sa work! :)

    omg, ang haba ng comment ko, damang dama lang! hahahah

    Michael Macalos
    http://michaelmacalos.com

    ReplyDelete