Yesterday, February 25, 2012, Lawrence Castro and I attended AICI (Association of Image Consultants International)'s Seminar on The Art + Science of Image at Raffles, The Fort where we were given a broader spectrum of what being an image consultant is and how things work for image consultants and of course a revolutionary perspective on beauty with Dr. Vicky Belo.
The Association of Image Consultants International (AICI) is the leading and the largest professional association of personal and corporate image consultants worldwide. A non-profit organization, AICI is dedicated in advancing the level of professionalism and enhancing the recognition of image consultants. Their members counsel both individual and corporate clients on appearance, behavior, communication skills, etiquette and international protocol. As experts in image consulting, members guide clients to achieve their specific goals with authenticity, credibility and confidence.
SUPPORTING THE DEVELOPMENT OF THE IMAGE CONSULTING PROFESSION:
- AICI brings together individuals and companies who seek image consulting services with the appropriate expert.
- AICI enhances industry standards through a rigorous, three-tiered certification program.
- AICI holds the world premier annual image consulting conference.
- AICI provides continuing education classes for image consultants.
- AICI acts as the voice of image consulting profession and the media's definitive source for experts on current issues and events that may affect the image profession.
A LEGACY OF PROFESSIONAL GROWTH THROUGH COMMUNITY:
- AICI was founded in the United States in 1990 as the result of a merger of the East Coast-based Association of Fashion and Image Consultants and the West Coast-based Association of Image Consultants.
- AICI's membership is growing rapidly, with the approximately 1300 members worldwide.
- The membership represents over 40 countries. Chapters located throughout North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia.
- AICI fosters a sense of community within its membership through its weekly Member Minute, our quarterly AICI Connections online newsletter, Image Update Magazine, Annual Conference and local chapter events.
- AICI assists members in building their businesses by continually upgrading the resources, development tools, and technical knowledge that are essential to effective self-presentation and communication.
- As a Continuing Education Units (CEU) sponsor, AICI offers approved, ongoing educational programs and continuing professional development in conjunction with its Annual Conference and other Regional Programs Worldwide.
This is their upcoming seminars that you will surely benefit from.
If you are interested you may send them an email at:
Ms. "Candid" Carol.
They were the ones who hosted the event.
Ms. Dina Loomis, AICI FLC
She is the first Filipina Image Consultant in the Philippines and she gave us a talk about
INTRODUCING IMAGE CONSULTANCY: POSSIBILITIES AND OPPORTUNITIES FOR PERSONAL AND BUSINESS GROWTH.
Whether what field you are in, image consultancy will be able to improve more on your career because through the development of our personalities we will be able to satisfy more our consumers especially on the service we give them especially nowadays that interpersonal relationship and communication is well observed by clients and customers and not just the output of our works.
Ms. Delby Bragais, AICI CIP, CPC
She is an award-winning Fashion Designer and Image Specialist and she rendered us her talk about
INCREASE YOUR PERSONAL IMPACT THROUGH MARVELOUS MAKEOVERS
As a designer, I must say that she's one of the most credible people in the room to ever talk about what beauty is. One of the things that made a mark to me is the question "Why should we make an impact?" Well, we simply make an impact because we would want to feel we exist primarily but to make an impact is to touch lives and the power to influence and we will only be successful in doing that if we will be credible on our own with the sense of confidence, honesty and that inner beauty that cultivates the external as well, thus leaving us a makeover more than the most prestigious salon could ever do.
Another thing that struck me was the idea that everyday we should always strive to make ourselves better in every field/area. Each and everyone of us is entitled to have that holistic growth and development.
Now the following are members of the organization who has their own specialties in obtaining AICI's objectives:
Here are the refreshments that they have provided us and they were all delicious!
Lawrence and Ms. Jennifer Marino
With Ms. Jennifer Marino, Massimo Dutti Brand Manager
With Mr. Che who told me a lot of tips in Photography.
Thank you sir!
Dr. Vicky Belo
Also known as Doctor to the Stars and Ambassadress of Beauty.
She gave us a preview on
THE LATEST TECHNIQUES ON BEAUTY TREATMENTS, ANTI-AGEING AND WEIGHT LOSS
There are indeed revolutionary technologies in the area of making ourselves beautiful on the outside and what is really fascinating about it is the fact that they have grown to be non-invasive, if not less, no negative side-effects and just safer in general not to mention quick and the fastest results yet.
With Dr. Belo introducing us the different machines and ways to make us more appealing in the human eye, I must say in that moment, i have considered myself undergoing those procedures just to satisfy my urge to make myself better.
After hearing these talks of different advocacy, I am very much interested and convinced of joining the organization and moreover to become an Image Consultant and be able to inspire more people, well anyways as you all have known I have built this blog and continue posting every activity I have through each month to have you guys motivated and inspired.
If you got questions or clarifications please do put it on the comment box below and help you on any of your inquiries.
Photos by: Vergil Lloyd Chua
Venue: Raffles Design Institute, Manila
18-00 Accralaw Tower, 2nd Avenue corner 30th Street, Crescent Park West, Bonifacio Global City, Taguig City